Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

GodricsHollow - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* GodricsHollow > Topics

Subject: The future of Harry Potter
Replies: 7 Views: 571

jakimc 4.09.09 - 06:44pm
ok, when we've read all the books (lets as*ume jk dsnt write ne more), seen all the films, collected all the memorabillia n cant find ne new fanfics wots nxt? do u think HP will fade away or in 30yrs will it still have a strong fan base, like star wars? wot do u think the future holds 4 HP? *

bash009 14.09.09 - 09:23am
I think in the next 30-50yrs hp will still be remembered by people like u guys *

skanda 14.09.09 - 03:36pm
Oooooh! Thanx bash! i think it might fade away. Coz even now all everyone here in india says is series is over, so lets move on to some other author. But of course i'll never forget it or this group or any of you guys for ever!!!... *

janfer 15.09.09 - 02:39am
I think like skandy. With star wars is diffrent cus when they made the 1st 3 movies they continued the stories, 4 a lot a years, they never stop writing, but hp end. Hp will be mention when they talk about JKR. Maybe in a few years they will make a tv series. *

candyqty 19.09.09 - 12:18am
i think its a bit...crazy..to compare HP to..uhhhh..star wars!! then u will let ur kids..and in some cases grandkids (ehem ehem jaki) haha read and discover the series.there will always be those die hard fans who will have conventions and..new fans just discovering the series or younger generations will get into it.it wont be AS popular but it WONT die.its a classic.and jk rowling wrote it so its possible to be timeless *

candyqty 19.09.09 - 12:20am
Harry Potter IS timeless! it doesnt give any referance to what era the characters live in (exept for one detail in COS) so..u can read them 50 yrs from now or u could have read them 50 yrs ago *

candyqty 19.09.09 - 12:23am
there arnt any characteristics that age the story.for example,twilight has some referances to things such as google,i-pod (CD player actually..even worse) and rottentomatoes.com so in 50 years the new generation of kids are gonna be like ''thats sooo 2007'' wich would be the equivillant of kids saying today ''thats sooo 70's'' *

jakimc 24.09.09 - 06:09pm
ahem, ahem amanda, im a STEP granny lol.GIF n i wasnt really comparin hp 2 star wars, i just used star wars bcz its a series of films (like hp) bt made 30 yrs ago, there r plenty of die hard sw fans n i just 1drd if in 30 yrs the hp series has got the ability 2 stay in ppls minds! i hope it has, as u said its got the benefit of bein timeless, altho we no harrys d.o.b. etc bt theres not many bks/films that bring a whole new universe 2 life *

* GodricsHollow Forum

Search:
topics replies

* GodricsHollow

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits